November 17, 2011

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Half-Blood
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: October 18, 2011
Rating : 4.5/5
Buy the book: Book Depository , Amazon
Visit the site: http://www.acovenantnovel.com/

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1: Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

I really enjoy Half-Blood it has romance, friendship, is fun and has lots of action.
Alex is a half-blood that only has 2 choices in life been a sentinel or be a servant. She run away of this life with her mother 3 years ago for motives she doesn´t know. Now she´s back at the covenant and she´s put to a kind probation, she has three months to train to be at the level of the rest of the class or become a servant.

Her trainer is the sentinel Aiden St. Delphi(I love him!!!) a pure blood to whom Alex had a crush when she was younger. She tough that her crush for Aiden was history, but she was wrong. The problem with her feelings toward Aiden is that is forbidden the relationship between pure-bloods and half-bloods is something that is punished. So that is a problem.

This book is a must read and don´t forget to read first the prequel Daimon is a free e-book that you can find HERE.



Book Trailer



8 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great book! Thanks for the review - I'll be reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nice review..iam enjoy reading your riview make me cant wait to read this book..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the book awhile ago! And I totally like it! But I'm on team Seth. Don't get me wrong, Aiden is swoon-worthy, but I just like Seth better! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. Kind of reminds me of Vampire Academy. Does that make sense? Anyway I thought I check this review out because a friend of mine won this book in a giveaway I held and I want to know if it's really good. But it sure sounds great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a pretty good book! I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I'm really excited to read this, I've heard such great things about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good. and a great cover. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete