June 1, 2015

Review: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead


Title: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
Author: Richelle Mead 
Publisher: Razorbill
Release date: November 19th 2013

Rating: 5/5

Buy onAmazon | B&N | BookDepository

You can read my review of The Golden Lily - here & The Indigo Spell - here
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the wolds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her...

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe. 

Warning:  I ramble a lot

Since I "met" Adrian Ivashkov in Frosbite second book from the Vampire Academy series, I've had a great inclination towards his character, I'm impartial when it comes to him and this series, he´s my bias ... Yes, I  know that the female lead is Sydney, but it was not until the end of the previous book and that she finally came to her senses and accept her feelings for Adrian.

And you might wonder... if I say that I'm super fan of this series, why I haven´t read The Fiery Heart sooner? .... well, when I pre-ordered this book from Book Depository, it didn´t arrived immediately (as you know for those who had order books there) and when I finally got it, there were several reviews published and some were commenting that this book ended in a super-mega cliffhanger, so I decided to wait until Silver Shadows come out and one thing led to another and The Ruby Circle I already was published, so now I'll read them almost back to back.

The Fiery Heart, takes place nearly a month after the events in the previous book and Sydney and Adrian are finally are a couple, which would be wonderful, if it were not for the very limited time they have to see each other and due that she's an alchemist and he´s a Moroi, their relationship is taboo, so they must keep it a secret from everyone and pretend when they are with others that everything is normal, the only one that knows about their relationship is Jill, because of the connection to Adrian (she´s shadow kiss). They also need to be more discreet and watch their backs because Sydney´s younger sister and alchemist fellow comes to live with her so she must share her room with her, which makes everything more difficult. Zoe comes with all the normal fears and prejudices of the alchemists, which prompts her to be extra careful and not appear very friendly with Adrian, Jill, Eddie, Angeline and Neil, because the alchemists could punished her if they discovered that she´s being friendly with the Moroi or dhampirs.

The story is told from alternating points of view of Adrian and Sydney, which I loved! because I could finally see how the use of spirit affects Adrian and which is the backwash for when he overuse spirit, how slowly is deteriorating his mental health.

There are several very interesting plots that thanks to the we get to see Rose, Dimitri, Lisa and Christian, and we can take a peek to their lives.

I loved The Fiery Heart!! so far it´s my favorite of the series, the romance was cute, I can see how Sydney is a very good influence on Adrian. Also it has some action scenes (not as many as in Vampire Academy, but  I can't complain). And that ENDING!! ..... it´s super-mega cliffhanger (no!!, why?!), and now that I have Silver Shadows in my hands I don´t have to wait long to read it. This is a book highly satisfactory for fans of the Bloodlines series (but that ending! ...).

2 comments:

  1. Hahah! I ramble a lot. :) I do that too with books I've loved. I wish I got into this series more. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing, holding off on reading a book if I hear it's going to end in a cliffhanger! That way I can go straight into the next book.

    ReplyDelete